Run with the Moon
Totally Bound Publishing
Genre: Gay Wereshifters Series
Every time I start a blog post, I want to write something goofy, Howdy y’all! And sometimes I do :D I’m Bailey Bradford and I’m here today to talk about a new series I have starting up over at Totallybound.com. I write gay erotic romances, and absolutely love what I do.
This new series is a post-apocalyptic shifter series titled Valen’s Pack.
The first book is Run With the Moon, and it introduces the reader to the world as it is in the fictional future. Shifters and humans don’t have anything to do with each other, and humans are greatly outnumbered by shifters. Survival of the fittest? Well, humans just about did themselves in.
This book contains BDSM, too, and I figured, I did a Top Five on my favorite BDSM scenes to write (and that turned into a Top Six!) so I’d do a Top Five on my favorite BDSM and sex scenes to read. Heh. And here we go!
1. Caning. Yeah I couldn’t do this from either side of it. No caning someone and no being caned. The people I’d like to take a cane to, well, it wouldn’t be done for their enjoyment, lol, and I’d likely go to jail. Or get high-fived. I don’t handle pain well—I come up swinging. It makes me angry to hurt and is in no way enjoyable. But I love reading about how it works for other people. That level of trust and honesty about what a person needs just blows me away.
2. Bondage. All levels of it, although I’m not a huge fan of dog cages. Still, I’ve read scenes where that’s well-done and erotic. I like ropes, and cuffs, blindfold, hoods and gags. The more intense, the better. Again, there is a huge level of trust there, which is what I truly find hot about the scenes.
3. Medical play/fetish. I in no way enjoy having a doctor poke and prod me. This is a totally different thing anyway. It’s interesting and fun to read about, but if someone waved a speculum at me and thought I’d enjoy it, nope. That in no way limits how much I like to read about other people enjoying it.
4. Fisting. This was also on my favorite thing to write list. The whole idea of a fist in any orifice is scary. A writer turning it into an erotic act of trust and caring? And loving? That is an amazing thing to read about. I am all for well-written and sexy fisting scenes.
5. No holds barred fucking. You know, when two or more people just can’t keep their hands off each other? Clothes are ripped, buttons ping across the floor, someone is pushed against something and fucked until they see stars? Yes. That. That’s pretty hot.
6. And because I went to six on the last one, okay. Slow, tender, sweet love-making. Aw, it’s sweet and hot and yummy!
Tell me what you like to read! Don’t be shy, share with us here :D
Blurb for Run with the Moon:
This is book one in the Valen’s Pack series, see the full series listing here
Two species that have always kept themselves separated are about to collide and create a new world.
Valen is an alpha, born with the crescent moon mark on his chest. It means he’ll have to leave the pack he was born and raised in. It is the way of the wolf, and the only way to prevent it is to fight his father. Valen has no intention of doing such a dishonorable thing. He leaves as he’s supposed to, only to find himself the victim of thievery. When he hunts down the party responsible for stealing his belongings, Valen finds himself attracted to the human Aaron Olsen.
Now, if they can only survive their own pride and insecurities, and an attack that threatens everything they love, they just might have a chance at happiness in Valen’s Pack.
Reader Advisory: This book contains scenes of light BDSM.
About Bailey Bradford:
A native Texan, Bailey spends her days spinning stories around in her head, which has contributed to more than one incident of tripping over her own feet. Evenings are reserved for pounding away at the keyboard, as are early morning hours. Sleep? Doesn't happen much. Writing is too much fun, and there are too many characters bouncing about, tapping on Bailey's brain demanding to be let out.
Caffeine and chocolate are permanent fixtures in Bailey's office and are never far from hand at any given time. Removing either of those necessities from Bailey's presence can result in what is known as A Very, Very Scary Bailey and is not advised under any circumstances.
Enter Totally Bound’s February blog competition for a chance to win an eBook of your choice!