Home Page

Home Page
Click on Banner

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dear Diary by Allison Cassatta

Literary Nymphs Interview

Title: Dear Diary
Author: Allison Cassatta
Publisher: XoXo Publishing
Genre: Male/Male Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 15th, 2011





Dear Diary: Pride
Author: Allison Cassatta
Published by: Allison Cassatta
Genre: Male/Male Contemporary Romance


 

Tell us about your release

Dear Diary” and “Pride” are both more Coming Out/Coming of Age stories. They’re about a boy named Chris who is just about to start his senior year of High School when his sexuality makes a major turn. He didn’t know he had a thing for boys until Josh enters his life and from there, he has to do a lot of thinking and accepting. It ends on a really sweet note though. And Pride picks up where Dear Diary left off. Only now, Chris is really beginning to embrace life as a gay man and he’s becoming comfortable in his relationship with Josh, only to realize society is a lot more bigoted than he could’ve imagined. He’s really put to the test in that book and Josh ends up being the good supportive partner to him.

What inspired the story?

This story came to life because I’d just written “Sins of the Heart” which ends on an extremely gut-wrenching note and a few of my fans asked for something happy, uplifting. So, Dear Diary was born from that. I tried to make it a feel-good story that would make people all warm and fuzzy inside. I wanted to show the beauty of Chris and Josh and how love can overcome anything, even the worst kind of hate as long as you have family and your partner there to support you.

EXCERPT:

(From Pride – The first time they have anything more than oral sex or hand jobs)
He broke the kiss and looked me in the eyes. His lips were slightly parted like he wanted to say something but thought better of it. His hands slid up to the small of my back. He just kept staring at me, like he was lost or something.
I frowned. “What’s wrong?”
“I still want to be with you,” he said.
I started to tell him that I still wanted to be with him too, but then I realized what he really meant. My eyes widened. We hadn’t been together, other than the blowjob on my eighteenth birthday and a few more after, with a couple hand-jobs in between.
“If it’s too soon or the timing isn’t right, I understand, but I wanted you to know, ya know?”
“Yeah, I know. I think… I mean, I know I want to be with you too.”
“But?”
“No ‘buts.’ I do. I want to do… that with you. I’m a little afraid. I can’t lie and say I’m not. I don’t know anything about it. I mean, you’ll have to….”
“It’s okay,” he said with a soft smile. His hand brushed up and down my back again. He gave me a quick kiss then said, “I’ll take care of you.”
That made things easier, a lot easier. I was still scared, but if he was willing to do the hard stuff and maybe take it easy, go slow with me, I could do this. I think part of me needed to do this. I knew I didn’t want anyone else to be my first, not just because it made sense for him to be the one, but because I honestly loved him. I had this image, this theory, of what it meant to be in love, and Josh fit the criteria perfectly. He was the one person, I wasn’t biologically related to, that I couldn’t imagine being without. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I couldn’t wait to see him again. My heart skipped a beat every time he entered the room and when we kissed, I thought I would come apart.
“You sure you want to do this?” he asked.
“I’m sure.”
He smiled and I swooned, like seriously got all weak kneed and warm-hearted. I’d never ever had that feeling before meeting him. Yeah, my first time totally had to be with him, no doubt about it, and if the memory of my first time erased the bad stuff from the prom, I’d take it in a heartbeat.
Letting go of me, he turned and reached down in the gym bag we’d packed our clothes in. I didn’t know what all he’d crammed in that thing. I thought maybe a toothbrush and some hair gel, a change of clothes and nothing else, but then he turned back to me with that excited, toothy grin of his, and when I looked down, I saw a white tube in his hand.
“What’s that?” I asked.
“Lube,” he said.
I blushed, ran my hand over my messy, spikey, brown hair again.
“Trust me, okay?” he said in a soft voice.
I nodded. I did trust him, infinitely.
He pressed his lips to mine and gripped my hips, guiding me toward the bed. I was already pretty hard. Josh’s kisses just had that effect on me. He had that effect on me, always had. Hormones always kicked me in the ass where he was concerned.

Where can we find your website?

Allison Cassatta
~ Author ~




No comments:

Post a Comment